Any vehicle driven on the road must be in a roadworthy condition by law.An MOT test will check that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards.
You must get an MOT test for your car after it is 3 years old. Then once every year from then on.
In certain cases you will need to MOT a vehicle when it is one year old.
We carry out class 4, 5, 5L & 7 MOT testing.
Hoddy’s Recovery are a well-established business and offer a reliable service with over 30 years of experience. If you need any vehicle assistance no matter how big or small just give us a call on 0191 469 199.
We are able to repair and service a wide range of vehicle types including:
- Coaches and busses
- Prestige and classic vehicles
- Commercial vehicles of any size or type
We also offer:
- 24/7 Roadside assistance
- Pick up and drop off service
- 6 bay commercial workshop
- Latest diagnostics equipment
- HGV/PSV MOT preparation
- Chassis alterations
- Qualified and well trained staff with decades of experience.
From our workshops in Gateshead we run a dedicated ATF lane where statutory Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) testing and Public Service Vehicle (PSV) testing is carried out by Vehicle Operator Services Agency (VOSA) staff using approved equipment.
Operators are already feeling the benefits of using our brand new facilities. If your vehicle fails the test and needs repairs they can be done in our workshops. Quick repairs can usually be done promptly so your vehicle may not even have to leave the testing station.
Why you should use your local VOSA Authorised Testing Facility (ATF)?
- Higher first time pass rate of over 7% higher than main VOSA sites (official VOSA figures).
- Reduce en route defects – drive straight from your Pre MOT Inspection into the test lane
- Reduced travelling time can save up to 3 hours per vehicle per test
- Reduced lost man hours through quicker journeys
- Impact on environment is minimised from less mileage
- Increase your options of when and where to book
- Guarantee your test slot by allowing us to work with you on your fleet maintenance and testing schedule
- Reduce your emissions by using your local VOSA HGV MOT test centre
- Get one on one consultation on any aspects of your HGV test results
- Guaranteed NO shunting! Genuine VOSA official drive through facility
Mon - 6-00am - 17-00pm
Tues - 6-00am - 17-00pm
Wed - 6-00am - 17-00pm
Thur - 6-00am - 17-00pm
Fri - 6-00am - 17-00pm
Sat - 6-00am - 13-00pm
Sun - Closed
0191 469 1999